Saturday, June 2, 2007

Let go, let go

"Most of the brain's work is done while the brain's owner is ostensibly thinking about something else." -- Neal Stephenson
Let go. So many situations can be fixed or figured out or survived or simply enjoyed by doing that simple act. Let go. I think that's true of any part of me: body, mind, or soul. The best medicine for me is effective because it enables or allows my body's natural healing processes to work. Many times, my mind adjusts to something best when it first does so subconsciously. And, with body calm & mind clear and spirit unforced, my soul is most intuitive.

Let go. It's something we all could do a little more, I'm sure. That's hard, I know, especially for me. I'm very analytical and am drawn to the philosophy of things. I pride myself on being rational, even when I side with seemingly irrational phenomena. I like to figure things out and give reasoned explanations. Perhaps it's an adaptation for my particular needs.

I need to remember to let go more often. Letting go solves many things. It relieves stress. It empowers, in a way. It strengthens relationships. Be a friend because you value friendship. Be a friend because you need a friend, not because you're trying to get somewhere. Love someone for the sake of loving them. Love them for today. Love them for the fact that you need them and they need you, not for the sake of tomorrow's selfishness.

Make a distinction between the state of needing someone and the self-serving ego. They are very different things. Let go of work motivated only by material success. Work because it mobilizes your talents and makes you happy.

All of these reasons in this whole entry are part of why I write. The last act of creation is to let go. In my case, that means express the inspiration. Let those who receive the expression make of it what they will. Let go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this today. Thank you for sharing!

J. T. Murphy said...

Thank you for reading!